Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Lying Game

Author: Sara Shepard
Pages: 307 (Hardcover)
Rate: 10 out of 10

I had a life anyone would kill for.
Then someone did.
The worst part of being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no one else does- an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet.
Now Emma's desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure out is to be me- to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she's the girl he fell in love with? Pretend to be a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents goodnight? And can she keep up with the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?

This novel was about Emma, a seventeen-year-old girl who moves around from foster home to foster home, but then learns she has a long-lost twin sister, Sutton Mercer, who lives in Arizona. Emma decides to leave her current foster home and go meet her twin. She arrives in Arizona, and finds out that Sutton is dead, and is forced to take Sutton's place. Emma soon finds out about Sutton and her friend's past of practical jokes, and has to find out what is a joke and what is reality.

I really enjoyed this novel. I loved the characters, the plot, the author's writing style, and nearly everything else about it! It was the best mystery book I've ever read. When I finished reading it, I was speechless. It was just that good.

I gave this novel a 10 out of 10 because I loved it that much. It ended with a cliff-hanger, and I was relieved to find out that there is a second (and a third) novel. I would recommend this novel to somebody who loves mystery novels, can deal with fright, and is looking for a good young adult novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment